Dynatrap - Bulb burned out after 2 Days of use.

3.9

Rep could not get replacement info to come up on computer told me someone will call me back on replacement bought fromQVC.

The Dynatrap DT150 saved my sanity and maybe, literally, my life!

5.0

A bad post misled me about this item. It is actually the ONLY effective defense my wife and I have EVER found for indoor mosquitoes.

(Too many letters. I'll call them mosq or mosqs). READ THIS: it is VERY difficult to see the trapped mosqs in the bottom of my DT 150, and I know that we have really small ones here in North Texas... BUT THEY ARE IN THERE!

Influenced by a negative review posted on pissedconsumer.com, I was reluctant to buy mine, but I dont want bug spray in the house, flypaper is ineffective, and I KNOW FROM PREVIOUS BUG "ZAPPERS" I've owned and YEARS OF RESEARCH THAT MOSQUITOES ARE NOT ATTRACTED TO BLACK LIGHT. THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO CO2. All the ZAPs you heard in the past were other bugs that ARE attracted to black light... and a few mosqs that wandered in.

I also doubted the Dynatrap... NO WAY that Titanium Dioxide emits enough carbon dioxide (co2) to attract mosqs, I thought. BTW THERE IS NO "ZAP". The Dynatrap is almost SILENT - plus those zappers leave powdered dead bug residue scattered around the house.

DONT BUY ONE! My wife and I never had this big of a mosq problem in years past. Maybe its the global warming. Whatever the case may be, were sick of them biting any body part exposed while sleeping, and then, the FIRST LOCAL DEATH BY MOSQUITO HIT THE NEWS.

A FINE UPSTANDING MAN WAS KILLED BY THE WEST NILE VIRUS, right here in Tarrant County where we live. So I got a DT150. Cheap! After I left it running a good portion of a day, I looked inside and I was absolutely convinced that the trap did not work.

Luckily, I left it running for a few days, and looked closely- VOILA!, a handful of dead mosquitoes were spinning at the center of the bottom of the trap! Thats how it works! I JUST DIDNT SEE THEM AT FIRST. THE TRAP WORKS.

(Thank Gawd!) We no longer have a mosq problem. We MAY have leaks in the house (no bad screens or windows, I checked) but I believe the mosqs are so small, they just ride in on air currents as we come thru the door, no matter how much we wave and dance as we come in. I never found out with certainty how they are getting in... DOESN'T MATTER!

We now have... NO MORE MOSQUITO PROBLEM IN THE HOUSE! I SEE one here and there every so often, but I have had NOT ONE *** since plugging in the Dynatrap. I know that, in WI, the mosqs are bigger than in IL, which were already large; here in North TX, they are teensie weensie!

The heavy screen makes them very tough to see. If yiu think it didnt work, LOOK CLOSER!

Want my DT150? Pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dynatrap Dt150 Trap.

Reason of review: Nothing else works like this.

I liked: Excellent customer service, It actually works.

Dynatrap in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Dissastisfied with Dyna Trap Ultralight Insect Trap

2.5

This product was raved about on QVC, a bug light that is inexpensive and actually works! So I purchased one. The only problem it doesn't word. Having previously purchased bug lights up North that were used outside at night, this one was a real dud.

In one year, living in South Florida, it actually caught two small nats!

It doesn't catch bugs but does have a pretty blue light so I call it my most expensive "night light" I have ever purchased! My suggestion is

QVC should test these products before they sell them. Shame on me for not checking reviews on this product before purchasing. Save your money until you can by a proven product and a much larger machine.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dynatrap Dt150 Trap.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.